Saturday 10 August 2013

Needs must carry on

And so I put my faith in Jesus
and I needs must carry on
the seeming chaos and confusion
would like to snare me
suggesting all my hope is gone
and yet I know despite
all the missing things
still before me is the goal.

Though others feel that I'm deluded
there's such love within my soul
so choices then well here today
I might evangelize
yet imperative I draw in town
that's where my future lies
I go in search of clips to hole
 the paper to the board
two other they are hid from me
and I cannot penetrate this hoard.

Yet forgiven by my father
I must go and purchase more
for to be amongst my neighbours painting is
exactly God made me for.
I'll have a simple breakfast
and I will walk around God's pond.

And I'll have a bath
within I'll laugh and then I may record this song
Each day there may be challenges.
Today I'm out to paint
I'll sieve the world that interests me
its in that I have my fate.
The children play in Liverpool
and miss the greater part
the architecture around the courts
that's where I'll make a start

This was once my married stomping ground
Regian House India Buildings Liver Buildings and I
I once did see the Mersey mist seem to be a fallen sky
I watched it wander up the street towards the old town hall
a cumulous nimbus casting shadows on the road and on the wall
it past before the sailor's church where Dooley's sculpture
of carpenter Joseph rid his mount and the anchor in the altar
stirs in my heart without a doubt

Some comfort I did get in prayer that led to Norma and Robert and 'Aims'
a brother to sweet Jesus had my own label that of James
so with Jesus in me working the J the I the M
John Mayall and Joni Mitchel John Moores and M and M
I dream again of Liverpool my heart lies there somewhere
I'm looking for clips to hold me down
to where my soul survives somewhere

it isn't in the cathedrals nor Hope street not anymore
and no its not in James street leading me to India building
great hall.And it isn't in Spinney house not now where
Fsaser advertising lay nor in the now invisible Henderson's
where I as Comi chef did play and it isn't in the
Bluecoat etched bedside my freinds '
warm hearts..maybe somewhere on Lime street
which is greater than the sum of its parts
its in the concerts and railway lines
the hopes and memories
it beating here within me I'll let it out that you might share and see.

I etched fond plates in the Bluecoat
and I carried warm ads to the Echo one time
they came from Palatine in Seel street
and I walked miles of town once uponus atime
from  bombed out church top of Bold street
i watched big issue sellers' prayers ascending
through the bombed out roof
where I just sang my song
a song about Emmanuel from a day in Chester time
and if a whale came in through your bathtap then
these where bubbles in God's bath

So I turn my eyes to Jesus
wash my feet lord
I'm here to make some marks
take me where you want me to the light and through the dark
help me splash the paper with the love in tearful eyes
its not my world nor our world
it is yours
for your love is so much more.











No comments:

Post a Comment